This post is my opinion only. Not affiliated or an ad. I do not receive anything from these brands. Just a mom helping another out;)
I have been wanting to do this for a while now. A little guide as to what I like to get for my babies and me! Something of new mommies and daddies to be or mommies and daddies that haven’t done this in a while.
We all know and see new stuff that comes in to the market that wasn’t there before. Here are my items that I recommend myself. I will try to make a youtube video for a review of each item or some so you can see why I like them so much.
- Car Seat: My favorite brand and I think it always will be is… Chicco. I had recently bought their line KeyFit30. That means that the car seat fits children that weigh up to 30lbs. That car seat is a keeper! I don’t know if you know, but kids aren’t 30lbs till they reach about 1-4 years of age! Depending on the child of course. That’s a long time to have a car seat and so worth the money. You can find this car seat here. I bought the Moonstone color because it is gender neutral. I can use it for any baby I have and it will coordinate with any color and style of accessories I buy for my baby. The other neat thing about this car seat is that it pairs very well with their stroller.
- Stroller: My favorite find was this double stroller from Chicco. If you are planning on having more than one child (this stroller won’t work for twins) or already have a little one and another on the way I suggest to go with the Chicco Bravo for 2 Double Stroller. I went with the Zinc color which I got from here. Your oldest can sit or stand on the back while you have the baby in the front. What I like about this stroller is that it isn’t as bulky or long like other double strollers. You can easily attach the Chicco car seat in the stroller. Once the baby is older to where she doesn’t need the car seat anymore you can just pull the front seat out and voila! Another seat. And it is super easy to assemble and disassemble it.
- Pacifier: If your baby requires a pacifier get the Nuk brand. I have used this brand since I had my first and will only use this one! As my kids got older and have already lost their baby teeth and have grown their mature ones out they have not had crooked teeth at all! This brand promises to help keep the teeth aligned. I trusted that they did and so far it has given me the results and promise they have given. If you want to go and try another brand, make sure they are orthodontic approved!
- High Chair: The one I have is made by Fisher-Price. What I like about it is that it is portable, durable, it reclines, and it can go anywhere. I can take it with me around the house and sit my baby there so she can see me and be with me in the room I’m in. If I go out to visit family I can take it with me. Just put tin the back of the car and I have it wherever I go. You can also take it with you if you plan to go to a restaurant. I don’t do that but you can! You can pick one up here.
- Baby Carrier: My hubby and I both carry the baby so we wanted something that we can both use and we found the perfect baby carrier called Infantino Carry On Multi-Pocket Carrier. You can find it here. What I like about this is that it is gender neutral AND it has all these pockets. I can carry my phone, her pacifier, keys, money, and bank card. You can see the functions it has on the site. And it is super comfortable to wear. It supports your back and shoulders when carrying the baby. Something to think about when you are searching for different carriers.
- Diapers: The cheapest and does the job is Walmart’s brand Parent’s Choice which you can find here.
- Wipes: As soon as I discovered this brand of wipes and used them, I will never go back to anything else! It is the most gentle wipes you will ever find. My for babies’ bottoms would get rashes from wipes because of the chemicals they have on them. Even from the ones that say for sensitive skin it never worked! Then I discovered the Huggies brand with their line Natural Care. You can purchase them here.
- Diaper Bag: My favorite diaper bag? It will have to be the J is for Jeep diaper backpack. It has so many pockets and their own unique baby wipe carrier on the side for convenience! Once again, I had to get the neutral color so when my hubby goes out with the baby he can carry the diaper bag too. And being that it’s a backpack we can both use it;). You can find the one we purchased here.
- Co-Sleeping Bassinet: I always loved having my babies close to me. Their bassinets would always be next to my bed so as soon as they cried I was there right away! For baby #5 we found this neat bassinet that can go on our bed. What I like about this co-sleeping bassinet is that not only is the baby safe sleeping with me but that I can take this bassinet with me anywhere! If we were to travel and sleep over at someone’s home the baby would have her own bed space and no need to worry about her. the walls are made of breathable mesh and inside is constructed of hard open plastic so there won’t be any accidental rollovers. The only thing is that the bassinet has to be on top of a flat immobile surface. You can find the one we have here.
So these are some of my favorite things. I hope you enjoyed this post and was helpful to you. Let me know in the comments your thoughts and what else you would like for me to post about.